Join us this month in collectively praying daily for the people, communities and leadership of our country, our states and our cities. Pray at Noon or 9:00 pm, whichever fits into your schedule.
FREIND DAY // NOVEMBER 1ST
Join us for Worship and also take this opportunity to invite someone new! Attend (in-person or on-line) either our 9:00 a.m. worship service or our 10:30 a.m. worship service. It's time change Sunday, so Fall Back one hour Saturday night! Let us know if you are attending by registering below. You can also use this link, Friend Day at Southern Hills Baptist Church, to invite friends to register and attend.
FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT - CURRENT SERMON SERIES
WEDNESDAYS @ SHBC - 6:30 PM
Check out our current MidWeek schedule
(click on the class title to join the class or inquire further)
Lessons in Leadership, A six week class led by SHBC Executive Pastor, Steve Watkins. This great short-term opportunity to sharpen your leadership skills will give you some encouragement and tools to grow in your leadership capacity. Steve is a proven leadership guide and has lead many leadership classes and seminars in both secular and non-secular settings for years. Begins September 16th. Meeting In-person and via ZOOM.
The Biblical Acts of Worship - A 4 week class led by our worship pastor Jesse Graver. This class looks at the scriptural foundations and basis for Biblical worship. We will answer the questions, What does it mean to worship? and What does it look like to worship God with all of our heart based on our understanding of scripture? Begins September 16th. Meeting In-person and via Zoom.
Echo - We provide education regarding how trauma and loss impact children's lives. We study (TBRI) Trust Based Relational Interventions, support one another in applying care giving techniques to heal and move children toward healthier futures. ECHO is comprised of parents, grandparents, guardians, counselors and others who desire to bring healing to children from hard places.
Men’s Study - No More Excuses Be the Man God Made You To Be - Pastor Tony Evans brings us this dynamic and relevant 8 week video study. Join us any Wednesday night (OR on Thursday mornings at 6:30 a.m. - we do the same study if you like an AM study.)
Celebrate Recovery Step Studies are small groups where real life change can happen. This is a Bible-based recovery program. Groups are gender based and meet weekly to work through the 12 steps. A step study can take anywhere from 9 months to a year to complete. It is a safe place to find support and accountability. To Inquire or sign up click one of these links. Men’s Step Study Women’s Step Study
· Students - Worship/Game nights every Wednesday at 6:30 pm (6 - 12th gr.)
· Kids - Bible Expedition, begins Sept. 16 (K - 5th gr.)
· Preschool - Ollie's Explorers, begins Sept. 16 (birth - Pre-K)
CURRENT ON-CAMPUS SCHEDULE
Welcome back! WE ARE OPEN with Safety Requirements in place
- SUNDAYS - 2 Worship Services, 9:00 & 10:30 a.m - In-person and on-line.
- WEDNESDAYS - Various Classes for all ages, 6:30pm - Mostly In- person
Adults have several class options (see above)
Preschoolers - Ollie's Explorers
Children - Bible Expedition
Mid-Hi - Small Group time
Hi-School - Home Groups (meeting on campus currently)
- FRIDAYS - 7:00 PM - Celebrate Recovery - NO dinner, Doors open at 6:40 pm for Worship time for Adults that include a lesson or a testimony. (On-line too.) Kids from infants up through 5th grade have Celebration Place & Teen 6th-12th have the Landing. at 8:00 pm we have a Newcomer class each week and Gender-based Open Share groups. (Sorry but no dinner or dessert time is available at this time.)
- SUNDAYS - 9:00 A.M. KIDS & STUDENTS ON CAMPUS
- SUNDAY MORNING LIFEGROUPS FOR ADULTS - Most in-person classes also have an on-line Zoom option as well.
9am LifeGroups w/ 10:30am Worship
- Younger Adults, (Moore) - room 210
- "I Do", (Morris/Collier) room 207
- Family Matters, (Chinworth) room 203
- Whiteman Class, room 206
- Disciples with Donuts, (Curry) room 205
- On the Road, room 202
- Doing Life Together, (Love/Vincent) room 211
- Connections (Pennington/Walthall) room 209
9am Worship Service w/ 10:15am LifeGroups
- New Creatures (Grigor) room 213
- Ekklesia (Olsen) Meeting Room
- Koinonia (Lewis) room 204
- Oasis (Cox) - zoom only right now
- Winsome (Fritchman) - Zoom only right now
FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY - Here are the basic requirements
While in the church building/office for any reason:
- Observe social distancing - stand/sit 6' away from people who do not live in your household.
- Wear a face mask - bring one with you. If you forget, we will provide one for you. (Elementary age kids and up through all adult ages)
- Wash your hands/use hand sanitizer often.
- No paper handouts - bring pen and paper if you wish to take notes.
- Stay home if you have a fever, feel bad, have a cough, etc. Please join us on-line instead for a while longer.
ON-LINE & SOCIAL MEDIA
We invite you to join us on-line during this time!
- FRIDAY Night Worship service – 7:00 pm
Praise & worship music & powerful testimonies of how God changes lives!
On our Southern Hills Baptist Church Facebook page and at www.mysouthernhills.church website
- SUNDAY Worship – 9:00 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
On our Southern Hills Baptist Church Facebook page or www.mysouthernhills.church website
- Brief Evening Goodnight thoughts from Pastor Hess
Monday – Wednesday at 8:30 p.m.
On our Southern Hills Baptist Church Facebook page
Right Now Media
It's like the Nextflix of video Bible studies. Our goal as a church is to help equip you to grow closer to Jesus. Use this amazing resource to help you and your family grow.