Journey to the Cross // Holy Week
Join us this spring at 10:30 am special messages and worship as we look at the Journey to the Cross for Jesus, culminating with Holy Week services of Palm Sunday on April 10, Good Friday at 7pm on April 15 and Easter Sunday on April 17 at 10:30 a.m.
Help Afghan Refugee’s coming to the Tulsa area - Catholic Charities is organizing this effort.
Here is the link to the volunteer page: https://cceok.org/node/906
Here is the link to the donation page to give furniture, goods and more: http://refugeesok.com/afghan/
WEDNESDAYS @ SHBC - 6:30 PM
MidWeek Fall Schedule
Wednesdays // 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Click on the title for a description of class
- REFRESH Through PRAYER (on-going)
- What's Your SHAPE? class w/Pastor Hess
- MEN -- STARTING POINT (a study by Andy Stanley)
- ECHO (Parenting Strategies, TBRI)
- CAP (Christians Against Poverty - Budgeting Helps)
- CHOIR (on-going)
- Celebrate Recovery STEP STUDIES (new groups for men & women)
· High School Students - meet is assigned room for their Fall series (9 - 12th)
Middle School Students - meet in the student area at 6:30 pm (6 - 8th gr.)
· Kids - Bible Expedition begins September 12 (K - 5th gr.)
· Preschool - Ollie's Explorers, (birth - Pre-K)
CURRENT ON-CAMPUS SCHEDULE
- SUNDAYS - 10:30 a.m - In-person and on-line.
- WEDNESDAYS - Various Classes for all ages, 6:30pm - Mostly In- person
Adults have several class options (see above)
Preschoolers - Ollie's Explorers
Children - Bible Expedition
Mid-Hi - Small Group time
Hi-School - Home Groups (meeting on campus currently)
- FRIDAYS - 7:00 PM - Celebrate Recovery - NO dinner, Doors open at 6:40 pm for Worship time for Adults that include a lesson or a testimony. (On-line too.) Kids from infants up through 5th grade have Celebration Place & Teen 6th-12th have the Landing. at 8:00 pm we have a Newcomer class each week and Gender-based Open Share groups. (Sorry but no dinner or dessert time is available at this time.)
- SUNDAYS - 9:00 A.M. KIDS & STUDENTS ON CAMPUS
- SUNDAY MORNING LIFEGROUPS FOR ADULTS - Most in-person classes also have an on-line Zoom option as well.
- ***NEWCOMER CLASS (Watkins) - room 214
- Connect, Young Adults - 201
- "I Do", (Morris/Collier) room 207
- Family Matters, (Chinworth) room 203
- Whiteman Class, room 206
- Disciples with Donuts, (Curry) room 205
- On the Road, room 202
- Doing Life Together, (Love/Vincent) room 211
- Connections (Pennington/Walthall) room 209
- New Creatures (Grigor) room 213
- Ekklesia (Olsen) Meeting Room
- Koinonia (Lewis) room 204
- Oasis (Cox) - zoom only right now
- Winsome (Fritchman) - Zoom only right now
***About Newcomer Class
Our goal is that every person who comes through the doors of our church would eventually become GROUNDED, GROWING, and GIVING in every facet of their lives. In order to help people understand each of these ideas and then commit to pursuing them, we offer an opportunity to meet with members of the pastoral staff to help answer questions about joining the church body.
Our Newcomer class is perfect for anyone who wants to know about our faith family. Pastor Steve Watkins can answer your questions about our church. This is also a great way to find out which LifeGroup might be a good fit to try out the following Sunday.
If you are new to our faith family and would like to learn more about who we are, or if you are wanting to invite a friend to come check out our church, we hope you’ll check out our Newcomer class. It meets every Sunday at 9:00 .m. in room 214. Sign Up to attend here.
ON-LINE & SOCIAL MEDIA
We invite you to join us on-line too!
- FRIDAY Night Worship service – 7:00 pm
Praise & worship music & powerful testimonies of how God changes lives!
On our Southern Hills Baptist Church Facebook page and at www.mysouthernhills.church website
- SUNDAY Worship – 9:00 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
On our Southern Hills Baptist Church Facebook page or www.mysouthernhills.church website
Right Now Media
It's like the Nextflix of video Bible studies. Our goal as a church is to help equip you to grow closer to Jesus. Use this amazing resource to help you and your family grow.