Easter/Lenten Season devotional
Ash Wednesday (Feb. 17) was the first day of Lent. Lent is a season of reflection and preparation before the celebration of Easter. This year Easter is on April 4th. We have compiled a family devotional for every Sunday leading up to Easter. We hope this will be an encouragement to you during this meaningful season.
Click here to download these weekly devotionals. Palm Sunday is March 28, Easter is Sunday, April 4.
SUNDAY MORNINGS - Join us for THE JOURNEY
When God called Abraham, He simply said, “Go… to the land I will show you.” Let that sink in for a moment. “Leave everything familiar to you- your relatives, your homeland, etc; and go where you’ve never been before- to a new land I have for you! I will let you know when you get there!”
We’ve all been on a journey through this pandemic that has felt a lot like that. We know God has a plan, but we don’t know exactly where we’re headed. And so, just like Abraham, we continue this journey in faith.
Join us for a New Year JOURNEY in faith as we study the life of Abraham, beginning January 10th, 2021!
All Services can be watched LIVE on . . .
WEDNESDAYS @ SHBC - 6:30 PM
Check out our current MidWeek schedule
(click on the class title to join the class or inquire further)
Echo - We provide education regarding how trauma and loss impact children's lives. We study (TBRI) Trust Based Relational Interventions, support one another in applying care giving techniques to heal and move children toward healthier futures. ECHO is comprised of parents, grandparents, guardians, counselors and others who desire to bring healing to children from hard places.
Celebrate Recovery Step Studies are small groups where real life change can happen. This is a Bible-based recovery program. Groups are gender based and meet weekly to work through the 12 steps. A step study can take anywhere from 9 months to a year to complete. It is a safe place to find support and accountability. To Inquire or sign up click one of these links. Men’s Step Study Women’s Step Study
· Students - Worship/Game nights every Wednesday at 6:30 pm (6 - 12th gr.)
· Kids - Bible Expedition, begins Sept. 16 (K - 5th gr.)
· Preschool - Ollie's Explorers, begins Sept. 16 (birth - Pre-K)
CURRENT ON-CAMPUS SCHEDULE
WE ARE OPEN with Safety Requirements in place
- SUNDAYS - 2 Worship Services, 9:00 & 10:30 a.m - In-person and on-line.
- WEDNESDAYS - Various Classes for all ages, 6:30pm - Mostly In- person
Adults have several class options (see above)
Preschoolers - Ollie's Explorers
Children - Bible Expedition
Mid-Hi - Small Group time
Hi-School - Home Groups (meeting on campus currently)
- FRIDAYS - 7:00 PM - Celebrate Recovery - NO dinner, Doors open at 6:40 pm for Worship time for Adults that include a lesson or a testimony. (On-line too.) Kids from infants up through 5th grade have Celebration Place & Teen 6th-12th have the Landing. at 8:00 pm we have a Newcomer class each week and Gender-based Open Share groups. (Sorry but no dinner or dessert time is available at this time.)
- SUNDAYS - 9:00 A.M. KIDS & STUDENTS ON CAMPUS
- SUNDAY MORNING LIFEGROUPS FOR ADULTS - Most in-person classes also have an on-line Zoom option as well.
9am LifeGroups w/ 10:30am Worship
- ***NEWCOMER CLASS (Watkins) - room 214
- Younger Adults, (Moore) - room 210
- "I Do", (Morris/Collier) room 207
- Family Matters, (Chinworth) room 203
- Whiteman Class, room 206
- Disciples with Donuts, (Curry) room 205
- On the Road, room 202
- Doing Life Together, (Love/Vincent) room 211
- Connections (Pennington/Walthall) room 209
9am Worship Service w/ 10:15am LifeGroups
- New Creatures (Grigor) room 213
- Ekklesia (Olsen) Meeting Room
- Koinonia (Lewis) room 204
- Oasis (Cox) - zoom only right now
- Winsome (Fritchman) - Zoom only right now
***About Newcomer Class
Our goal is that every person who comes through the doors of our church would eventually become GROUNDED, GROWING, and GIVING in every facet of their lives. In order to help people understand each of these ideas and then commit to pursuing them, we offer an opportunity to meet with members of the pastoral staff to help answer questions about joining the church body.
Our Newcomer class is perfect for anyone who wants to know about our faith family. Pastor Steve Watkins can answer your questions about our church. This is also a great way to find out which LifeGroup might be a good fit to try out the following Sunday.
If you are new to our faith family and would like to learn more about who we are, or if you are wanting to invite a friend to come check out our church, we hope you’ll check out our Newcomer class which meets every Sunday morning at 9:00 .m. in room 214. Sign Up to attend here.
FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY - Here are the basic requirements
While in the church building/office for any reason:
- Observe social distancing - stand/sit 6' away from people who do not live in your household.
- Wear a face mask - bring one with you. If you forget, we will provide one for you. (Elementary age kids and up through all adult ages)
- Wash your hands/use hand sanitizer often.
- No paper handouts - bring pen and paper if you wish to take notes.
- Stay home if you have a fever, feel bad, have a cough, etc. Please join us on-line instead for a while longer.
ON-LINE & SOCIAL MEDIA
We invite you to join us on-line during this time!
- FRIDAY Night Worship service – 7:00 pm
Praise & worship music & powerful testimonies of how God changes lives!
On our Southern Hills Baptist Church Facebook page and at www.mysouthernhills.church website
- SUNDAY Worship – 9:00 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
On our Southern Hills Baptist Church Facebook page or www.mysouthernhills.church website
- Brief Evening Goodnight thoughts from Pastor Hess
Monday – Wednesday at 8:30 p.m.
On our Southern Hills Baptist Church Facebook page
Right Now Media
It's like the Nextflix of video Bible studies. Our goal as a church is to help equip you to grow closer to Jesus. Use this amazing resource to help you and your family grow.