The Kindess Culture
07.05.20 // the kindness culture // josh lawrence, recovery pastor //romans 2:4
The Kindness Culture does not describe our current climate. The American culture has been labeled by culture itself as the shame culture, the cancel culture, the call-out culture, and argument culture.
God wants His church to present a counterculture or an attractive alternative.
God’s people are to be agents of change in the world because they have been changed by Him.
What specifically about God changed you?
Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin? (Romans 2:4)
Three realizations for God’s people to take to heart in order to display the kindness culture…
- Realize that demanding of others what you don’t demand of yourself is unkindness.
- Realize it’s about the heart.
- Realize the kindness given to you!
Questions for reflection…
· In what relationships are you demanding of others what you don’t demand of yourself?
· How would you describe to someone else the Kindness that has been given to you?
· How can you display that kindness given to you to others?
We'd love to connect with you! Please take a second to fill out our
WEEKLY WORSHIP SERVICES ON-LINE
Sundays at 10:30 a.m. and Fridays at 7:00 pm
On our Southern Hills Baptist Church Facebook page or www.mysouthernhills.church website
WEEKLY WORSHIP SERVICES IN PERSON
Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. and Fridays at 7:00 pm